After a few months of negotiations the lease was finally signed at the end of May. Victoria and I wasted no time getting started. We bought paint and began painting the following day. We thought it would take about a week, it took 3. Jorge was gracious enough to help with the most challenging space, the stair hall.
After the painting was finished I decided that the fluorescent lighting was too invasive so I talked my good friend Mniska into helping me change out the lights. I didn't think it would be that hard. Needless to say, it was more challenging than we had expected.
Rhea was incredibly patient and precise when painting the beautiful logo on the walls. She spent most of her week here. The hand painted logos turned out better than I could have imagined!
We worked hard and had a lot of help from our amazing friends and family. I saw my first patient in the clinic on June 29th. We are still working to complete everything but it looks and feels great! It has been so wonderful to have my partner Victoria throughout this endeavor! I wouldn't have been able to do it without her.